Add ability to sort the security users and groups tables

0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently the tables are fixed and sorted by the order the users and groups are added.  Would like to be able to sort this so I can easily see who is missing.

thx

6 Comments
info-rchitect
Level 6

Would also like to be able to select multiple users at the same time (ctrl-shift) and add them.

Would also like to be able to select multiple users at the same time (ctrl-shift) and add them.

Even on v10 I can sort the Security Users and Security Groups screens by clicking on the column headings. I can also multi-select users and take an action on them. I am not really sure what you are asking here. 

Even on v10 I can sort the Security Users and Security Groups screens by clicking on the column headings. I can also multi-select users and take an action on them. I am not really sure what you are asking here. 

info-rchitect
Level 6

@Turribeach Maybe you are thinking of another UI.  Under project security the tables to add users and groups are fixed.  No sorting available.  The UI is called 'Project security'

@Turribeach Maybe you are thinking of another UI.  Under project security the tables to add users and groups are fixed.  No sorting available.  The UI is called 'Project security'

Right you mentioned "Project Security" so I thought you meant Administration => Security Users / Groups. I see the project ones are not sorted but you are unlikely to have that many on this screen. In any case I suggest you look at the API as you retrieve and update these permissions via the API. And if it really bothers you that much and affects your Admin overhead you could develop a Dataiku WebApp that can display project permissions in the way you want and allow for updates including multiple selection drop downs. We handle most of our permissions via the API and it's a much better solution. 

Right you mentioned "Project Security" so I thought you meant Administration => Security Users / Groups. I see the project ones are not sorted but you are unlikely to have that many on this screen. In any case I suggest you look at the API as you retrieve and update these permissions via the API. And if it really bothers you that much and affects your Admin overhead you could develop a Dataiku WebApp that can display project permissions in the way you want and allow for updates including multiple selection drop downs. We handle most of our permissions via the API and it's a much better solution. 

info-rchitect
Level 6

@Turribeach We have hundreds of analysts that need to be added so yeah seems like the API is the way to go.

@Turribeach We have hundreds of analysts that need to be added so yeah seems like the API is the way to go.

Why not use groups? We use LDAP and all our groups are in AD (Active Directory). 

Why not use groups? We use LDAP and all our groups are in AD (Active Directory).