The SalesForce plugin Setup & Use

Options
tgb417
tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron

I'm working on a project with a group of folks. We are trying to get the SalesForce Plugin to work. I have a feeling that I don't have the appropriate access right now to do these steps. What access does it take to "Create a 'New Connected App'"?

Sales Force Plugin Setup.jpg

I guess I'm asking what do I tell the SalesForce Administrator to either do? Or give me access to do. Is this feature available in all versions of SalesForce? Or do you have to pay for a particular version of the product?

--Tom

P.S. How is this plugin working out for folks who are using it. Any tips or tricks I should know?

Answers

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Options

We are working this out.

Now all I have to do is learn some SOQL.

• tgb417
    Options

SOQL turns out not to be that bad.

Here is a quick overview of the differences.

https://towardsdatascience.com/sql-to-soql-a4b543474942

Now I have to learn what is stored in which objects. Which are standard and which are custom to my client.

--Tom

• datamike
    datamike Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 1 ✭✭✭
    Options

I just got this to work for a dataset query against my SF development sandbox.

The authorization method which worked was 'Salesforce SSO method,' which was stored as a preset. I was unable to get the "connect to Salesforce with a Username-Password login that is stored a plugin preset" authorization method to work.

Once you get connection to work, then the fun begins! (See screenshot)

Running the Free Community edition with a local Linux installation.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…