Sharepoint Plugin Error While Browse - Failed to set permissions : User admin not found in user data

Solved!
vkv
Level 2
Sharepoint Plugin Error While Browse - Failed to set permissions : User admin not found in user data

Hi,

I installed Sharepoint plugin and set to use Azure Single Sign ON, the authentication works fine and gets the credentials. But when I go to browse keep getting this error message:

Browse failed: Failed to start kernel, caused by: DKUSecurityException: While setting up folder /data/dss_data/tmp/custom-fs-provider/control6252567894427425530 to admin, Process failure, caused by: IOException: Failed to set permissions : User admin not found in user database: 'getpwnam(): name not found: admin'

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vkv
Level 2
Author

Thank you for the suggestions it didn't help in our case.

The issue was I tried to connect to SharePoint while being logged in as admin user which is not allowed. Once I logged in with my individual credentials (email and password) it worked. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

This error "User admin not found in user database"  suggests you are using the username "admin" for DSS but this is not mapped to Linux user on the DSS instance.

Please check the User impersonation rules and make sure the user admin is mapped to an existing unix user. 

Alternatively, you can also create a UNIX user "admin" if you prefer.

Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 17.13.06.png

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
vkv
Level 2
Author

Thank you, I created the admin user on Linux VM and also added the impersonation rule as suggested. Now I get this error.

Browse failed: Failed to start kernel, caused by: DKUSecurityException: While setting up folder /data/dss_data/tmp/custom-fs-provider/control2458529538720738453 to admin, Process failure, caused by: IOException: Failed to set permissions : User admin does not belong to any allowed group, intersection of [1004] and [3001513] is empty --> exec denied

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

The admin user will need to be added to the allowed groups in the /etc/dataiku-security/INSTALL_ID/security-config.in

In your case groups 1004 and 3001513 would be present in security-config.ini.

You can either modify security-config.in to add the admin group.

Or

grep 1004 /etc/group

grep 3001513 /etc/group

to find out the group name.

usermod -a -G actual_group_name admin

0 Kudos
vkv
Level 2
Author

Thank you for the suggestions it didn't help in our case.

The issue was I tried to connect to SharePoint while being logged in as admin user which is not allowed. Once I logged in with my individual credentials (email and password) it worked. 

0 Kudos