Sequential Execution issues for python code

Solved!
vishet
Level 3
Sequential Execution issues for python code

Hi,

As of late, when working on the plugin development, I have discovered some irregularities in how code is handled and scheduled on the platform. The same code behaves differently on consecutive executions. Is there a potential fix?

Task I'm trying to achieve :

Ask the user if they want to clear an existing folder structure(T/F) and based on that delete the contents of the managed folder and if not, only create the folders based on the user input via boolean arguments. Problem is there are times, when after the folder is cleared, it shows that the folder still exists (via the logger) but when i go check the managed folder, it remains empty.

This behaviour also affects how data is handeled in dicts I have compared on executions via my local conda enviroment and on DSS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vishet
Level 3
Author
0 Kudos
3 Replies
vishet
Level 3
Author

Resolved

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hey @vishet just curious what your resolution was? Looking forward to your reply ๐Ÿ˜€

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
vishet
Level 3
Author

Well, I had to modify my code to cover all scenarios, but there were times when the same code behaved differently on my local conda instance when compared to the dss instance.