Salesforce Plugin - Session Id issue

Solved!
alundavid
Level 3
Salesforce Plugin - Session Id issue

Attempting to use the Salesforce plugin on automation, I get the following error:
     {"message":"Session expired or invalid","errorCode":"INVALID_SESSION_ID"}

Any idea what the cause might be and how to fix it.

On the design node there is no issue - the Salesforce Plugin works well.

Operating system used: AWS

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexB
Dataiker

What is the domain in your preset's "Instance Hostname" box : does it end with "salesforce.com" ?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlexB
Dataiker

Hi !

I am assuming that you already have recreated a "Salesforce login with SSO" preset with the same name than the one used by your project on the design node. You now need to connect to the automation node with the account(s) that will access the Salesforce plugin and allow this account to access the Salesforce account. Once logged in, go to the user's profile > Credentials > sales force preset used by the project > edit. This should redirect you to the Salesforce SSO, where you can type your username / password and allow access to SF.

Regards

0 Kudos
alundavid
Level 3
Author

I have taken the following steps:

- created a new connected app in SF for the automation node

- initially (yesterday) created a preset with a new name on automation, pointing at the new SF app, and pointed the dataset at the preset (with my user credentials entered). That worked initially.

- checked again (today) to find the dataset was not working - couldn't find the preset with the original name.

- I created a preset on automation with the original name (which I realise I shouuld have done in the first place), and pointed the dataset at that.

- Now, when I try to test or build the dataset, I get the invalid session Id error.

I am wondering if I need to go back to the start. Delete all the SF presets, reinstall the plugin on automation, and rebuild the preset with the correct name.

0 Kudos
AlexB
Dataiker

What is the domain in your preset's "Instance Hostname" box : does it end with "salesforce.com" ?

alundavid
Level 3
Author

Ah yes - I had the domain wrong. It is working now. Many thanks.

0 Kudos