Restrict custom plugins to a User group

NN
Restrict custom plugins to a User group

Hi All,

Is there a way to restrict certain custom plugins so that they can only be USED by a certain group of users ?
I am on DSS 8.0.1

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tgb417

@NN 

I do not know a way to restrict a specific plugin to work for just a specific group of users in DSS 8.0.5 and before.

This would be a great idea for a new feature.  New features can be submitted here.  Over the years I've found the team at Dataiku responsive to suggestions.  If you would like any assistance in submitting the product idea, let me know.

Otherwise, as a short-term really BAD workaround, You may be able to intentionally break plugins that use a specific group of users that should not have access to the plugin.  If the plugin uses a code environment don't give the users access to the code environment.  (I know a really bad idea.  But, it might work.)

--Tom
0 Kudos
NN
Author

@tgb417 
Thanks Tom.. Yes i think i will add it to the features requests.

Yes restricting the code environment may have worked but some of the plugins dont need a Dedicated environment. But atleast that might be a start.

tgb417

@NN 

Good luck.  Let us know how it goes.

If you will let me know when you have added the feature request.  I'll also give the item a thumbs up. (sort of a vote for the idea.)

--Tom
0 Kudos