Problem with Rebuilding the builtin Python environment

fee_matteo
Level 1
Problem with Rebuilding the builtin Python environment

Hello, i was doing the Time Series DSS tutorial, while installing the Plugin i encountered in a python einvronment problem, so i tried to rebuilt the einvoroment and used this commands:

dataiku_1.png

but in running 

dataiku-dss-VERSION/installer.sh -d DATA_DIR -u [-P BASE_PYTHON]

it gave me this problem

dataiku_2.png

now i don't know what to do and i can't use dataiku DSS 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
fee_matteo
Level 1
Author

i have an update

dataiku_4.png

i have no idea how to solve this, please help

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @fee_matteo 

A few points: 

1) You do not need to rebuild the built-in code env if you have problem with installing code env for the plugin.

2) It is likely that python3.6 is not installed on your machine and hence you had an issue creating code env for the plugin and now having an issue rebuilding the built-in code env. 

3) Also, if you need to rebuild the built-in env you need to add -f flag to the installer as it will just skip the installation as there is the one that is already there. 

What do you get when you run this in the CLI: 

which python3.6
python3.6 -V
0 Kudos
fee_matteo
Level 1
Author

THANK YOU!! now dataiku works again

but i tried, after installing python3.6 to build the env:

dataiku5.png

but it gave me this error:

dataiku6.png

i'd really appreciate if you explain what to do in a simple way (i don't know many Linux's commands)

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi, 

It's only the start of the traceback. The actual error is usually at the end of the trace so please copy-paste the full traceback. 

0 Kudos
fee_matteo
Level 1
Author

sorry for the waiting sir, here it is the error:

Environment creation failed

/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/bin/python failed (exit code: 1)

created virtual environment CPython3.6.15.final.0-64 in 870ms  creator CPython3Posix(dest=/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed, clear=False, no_vcs_ignore=False, global=False)  seeder FromAppData(download=False, pip=bundle, setuptools=bundle, wheel=bundle, via=copy, app_data_dir=/home/feematteo/.local/share/virtualenv)    added seed packages: pip==21.3.1, setuptools==58.3.0, wheel==0.37.0  activators BashActivator,CShellActivator,FishActivator,NushellActivator,PowerShellActivator,PythonActivatorTraceback (most recent call last):  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main    "__main__", mod_spec)  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code    exec(code, run_globals)  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/__main__.py", line 29, in <module>    from pip._internal.cli.main import main as _main  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/main.py", line 9, in <module>    from pip._internal.cli.autocompletion import autocomplete  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/autocompletion.py", line 10, in <module>    from pip._internal.cli.main_parser import create_main_parser  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/main_parser.py", line 8, in <module>    from pip._internal.cli import cmdoptions  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/cmdoptions.py", line 23, in <module>    from pip._internal.cli.parser import ConfigOptionParser  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/parser.py", line 12, in <module>    from pip._internal.configuration import Configuration, ConfigurationError  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/configuration.py", line 26, in <module>    from pip._internal.utils.logging import getLogger  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/utils/logging.py", line 13, in <module>    from pip._internal.utils.misc import ensure_dir  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/utils/misc.py", line 40, in <module>    from pip._internal.locations import get_major_minor_version, site_packages, user_site  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/locations/__init__.py", line 14, in <module>    from . import _distutils, _sysconfig  File "/home/feematteo/DATA_DIR/code-envs/python/plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/locations/_distutils.py", line 9, in <module>    from distutils.cmd import Command as DistutilsCommandModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.cmd'

0 Kudos
fee_matteo
Level 1
Author

i attach the screen too, maybe it is more clear to read

dataiku_7.png

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @fee_matteo 

Thanks for the traceback and the screenshot. This means that you are missing one of the OS packages. You should try something like this (for Ubuntu for example) from DSS CLI:

sudo apt-get install python3-distutils python3.6-distutils

0 Kudos
fee_matteo
Level 1
Author

Thank you sir!!!๐Ÿ™

"

Import succeeded

"

0 Kudos