Multiple Git Repos per Plugin

somepunter
Level 3
Multiple Git Repos per Plugin

Is this supported?

my plugin may depend on another internal common library which I'd need to import separately assuming that library isn't available via pip install.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi,

Plugins are designed to be standalone.

All requirements should be included in either python-lib by uploading the files or by installing them via the code environment defined.

You can technically add pip requirements that point to a git repo. 
e.g
git+https://github.com/....  

There is a good write-up here on how to create your install pip installable package on git.  

0 Kudos
somepunter
Level 3
Author

Thanks Alex,

however in an enterprise large org, there's potentially shared code that may not necessarily be available via pip.

I may wish to use this shared code that I don't own by "linking" the repo.

given that projects allow linking multiple repos into its library repo, I don't see why plugins should be any different.

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @somepunter thank you for your feedback. The Product Ideas board is here to let you share and exchange your ideas on how to improve Dataiku so please feel free to utilize it! Here are some resources to help get you started:

How to suggest Dataiku ideas 
Participating on the Product Ideas board 
Suggest an idea

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
somepunter
Level 3
Author

to which my response is, shouldn't there be a mechanism for you to move posts around? presumably many questions here eventually turn into feature requests. you don't want to lose the message history by creating a brand new thread

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

But what's the fun in that @somepunter ๐Ÿคฃ

There is actually a mechanism to move posts to different discussion boards but unfortunately only I as the great and powerful Oz have that ability 

(well me and all other admins)

I hate to do this to you again since it is counterintuitive to your point but please feel free to make that suggestion here on the Community Feedback board. 

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos

Labels

?

Setup info

?
A banner prompting to get Dataiku