Import a dss library to a plugin

Mariak
Level 2
Import a dss library to a plugin

Hello everyone,

I have pulled a code from GitHub on dss libraries and i have made some changes. Is there a way to import this library i have created in a plugin code environment on the same instance? I can import my library in a jupyter notebook but when i try in the plugin i get an error no module named 'name_of_the_library'.

Thank you,

Maria

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @Mariak 

There are many unknowns in this case. It's unclear what you mean under "I have pulled a code from GitHub on dss libraries" and "I have made some changes".

What code have you pulled and what changes have you made? Do you have some python lib in your GitHub account and you pulled that into the project libraries? In this case, you can pull that lib either from a notebook or from a recipe. 

Plugins are completely isolated and use their own libs and have their own dedicated code envs. You will need to have that python lib in the plugin or, if it's available from the GitHub, you can try adding it in the code env. 

Mariak
Level 2
Author

Hi @sergeyd ,

Sorry for the misconceptions, so there is an option to import code from GitHub in a dss library and so i imported a python open source library and then i add some extra functionalities (that's what i mean i made some changes on the code) to facilitate my use case. 

From you answer i understand i cannot import the library i create it on DSS in a plugin, since it is isolated. So either i need to push my updated code to a new repo on GitHub and use it on the plugin or to add the code in the plugin's back end. What is your suggestion?

Thank you,

Maria

0 Kudos