Execute Tableau Hyper export as part of a flow?

Solved!
TrevorHall
Level 3
Execute Tableau Hyper export as part of a flow?

Is it possible to execute the Tableau Hyper export from a flow? I can do it manually, from the "Export" selection. I would like to be able to execute the same steps as part of a flow.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KimmyC
Dataiker

Hi,

Yes it's possible. In your current flow, first click on the dataset that you want to export, then under +Recipes > Visual > Export recipe, you can choose "Other exports" and "Upload to Tableau Server"/"Upload to Tableau Server(Hyper)" for the Exporter. Make sure to fill in the appropriate input dataset and output folder.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KimmyC
Dataiker

Hi,

Yes it's possible. In your current flow, first click on the dataset that you want to export, then under +Recipes > Visual > Export recipe, you can choose "Other exports" and "Upload to Tableau Server"/"Upload to Tableau Server(Hyper)" for the Exporter. Make sure to fill in the appropriate input dataset and output folder.

Hope that helps!

importthepandas

hey Kimmy, is this still valid? I'm not seeing it on a local filesystem or Teradata dataset. we are on v8.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 3.32.20 PM.png

โ€ƒ

0 Kudos
Emma
Dataiker

Hey importthepandas, 

Yes, it is still valid. Once you have created the recipe you'll be presented with a further set of choices including Exporter where you can select Tableau on the next screen. Screenshot attached. 

Let me know if you have other questions! 

0 Kudos
importthepandas

Got it. I see it now -- needed to simply go one step further. Thank you Emma!

TrevorHall
Level 3
Author

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos