Enable/disable Run button when using a custom plugin settings UI

Solved!
tiensng
Level 2
Enable/disable Run button when using a custom plugin settings UI

Hi,

We've implemented a custom plugin settings UI for configuring parameters on our recipe components using the paramsTemplate field as described here https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/plugins/reference/other.html#custom-settings-ui . This is working well but an issue we are now trying to solve is a way to dynamically enable/disable the Run button in DSS (it is always enabled currently) based on the user's selected parameter values in our custom UI. I've tried adding a "fake" mandatory parameter to recipe.json and removing it from the config object obtained from the Angular scope at runtime but that does not seem to disable the Run button. If anyone knows a way to affect the enabledness of the Run button in DSS dynamically, that would be great information to share. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tiensng
Level 2
Author

Updating my original post with information from Dataiku support I received separately that it is indeed not possible to affect the runtime enabledness of the "Run" button for a custom recipe component. They advised throwing an error in the recipe component itself if there are errors in the submission which is what we are doing. Hope this helps anyone else trying to do the same in the future.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tiensng
Level 2
Author

Updating my original post with information from Dataiku support I received separately that it is indeed not possible to affect the runtime enabledness of the "Run" button for a custom recipe component. They advised throwing an error in the recipe component itself if there are errors in the submission which is what we are doing. Hope this helps anyone else trying to do the same in the future.

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Thanks for sharing this outcome with us @tiensng!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos