Emails using Plugin and Existing Channel

Solved!
NN
Emails using Plugin and Existing Channel

Hi Everyone,
I know that we can send emails using custom Python code in a scenario step.
https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/scenarios/custom_scenarios.html#examples

My question is , is there a way that i can define custom emails to be sent in a Plugin using an existing SMTP Channel?
If anyone has done something similar please let me know.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi Nishant,

Your question already holds most of the answer ๐Ÿ™‚ For your plugin to send a custom email, you can actually have it run a Scenario using the public API.

In that Scenario, you can set up your Reporter accordingly,  pick a given SMTP channel and format your email reporter the way you want. If the goal is only to send an email and not run any other task, you can keep the list of scenario steps empty.

The example you quoted leverages custom Scenarios but you can very well create your "email sender scenario" visually.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Harizo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HarizoR
Developer Advocate

Hi Nishant,

Your question already holds most of the answer ๐Ÿ™‚ For your plugin to send a custom email, you can actually have it run a Scenario using the public API.

In that Scenario, you can set up your Reporter accordingly,  pick a given SMTP channel and format your email reporter the way you want. If the goal is only to send an email and not run any other task, you can keep the list of scenario steps empty.

The example you quoted leverages custom Scenarios but you can very well create your "email sender scenario" visually.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Harizo

0 Kudos
NN
Author

Thanks for the reply Harizo.
So my plugin should have the ability to create and then run a scenario.
I need to see if that works.

Will keep you posted .

0 Kudos
NN
Author

This looks likes something that can help as well.
https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Using-Dataiku/Email-Notification/m-p/14680 

0 Kudos