Custom python plugin for API interaction

Solved!
vinshet
Level 1
Custom python plugin for API interaction

Hi,

I was curious how to start off with a custom plugin in DSS that interacts with an API. The primary purpose this plugin serves is acting as a proxy for users to connect to the API and sending/receiving data and display it in DSS.

TLDR; 

I would like to publish a plugin on the DSS platform so users can avail the services offered via the API

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Liev
Dataiker Alumni

It depends on what the document is, but assuming you can get the data from it and you can submit that data to the API then I don't see why not.

A lot of this depends on the API, not DSS. You can always form a request within DSS with the info and submit the API, provided the API knows how to treat this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Liev
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @vinshet 

You should check out the docs. What you're describing would fall under the Dataset (or Connector) component. 

Once you develop this, users in your instance would be able to access the API through it, instead of directly.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
vinshet
Level 1
Author

Hi @Liev , thanks for your response. I also wanted to understand if it is possible to send data to the external API in the form of a document for processing? And this document resides on the local computer.

0 Kudos
Liev
Dataiker Alumni

It depends on what the document is, but assuming you can get the data from it and you can submit that data to the API then I don't see why not.

A lot of this depends on the API, not DSS. You can always form a request within DSS with the info and submit the API, provided the API knows how to treat this.

0 Kudos