Automatically create predefined flows with a plugin ?

Solved!
MGad
Level 3
Automatically create predefined flows with a plugin ?

Hello,

I'm currently writing a plugin with several recipes. They are meant to be used in a flow looking like this : 

Managed Folder -> Plugin Recipe 1 -> Managed Folder -> Plugin Recipe 2 -> Dataset

Is there a way for me to add this flow in my plugin, so that a user can create this flow in his/her project with just one click ? (with a macro maybe ?). Managed folders and dataset should be empty, and recipes shouldn't be parametrized.

Thx for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jereze
Community Manager
Community Manager

You will have to use the API. Here are some examples with the Python client: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/python-api/rest-api-client/recipes.html

You can decide then ๐Ÿ™‚

Jeremy, Product Manager at Dataiku

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jereze
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

Yes, you can create a custom macro (in a plugin) that will create several recipes and datasets.
Also, since Dataiku DSS 7.0, you also have Project creation macros.

Alternatively, you could manually copy a sub flow (you select several items of a flow with SHIFT+click on the flow, you choose "Copy" in the right-side bar in "Actions").

Also, in Dataiku DSS 8.0 (not yet released), you will have ways to share visually a project/flow that can be parametrized.
Stay tuned!

MGad
Level 3
Author

Hi @jereze ,

Good to know that we can add recipes through macros !

I just don't find it very clearly explained in the documentation : how can we write that we create recipes ? And are we forced to enter recipes' parameters, or can we leave them "blank" ?

Also, I'm very excited to see the new features coming in DSS 8.0. Thank you for your work !

Thx for your help

jereze
Community Manager
Community Manager

You will have to use the API. Here are some examples with the Python client: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/python-api/rest-api-client/recipes.html

You can decide then ๐Ÿ™‚

MGad
Level 3
Author

Oh right, I didn't think about using the API. Thank you very much ๐Ÿ™‚