notebook copy

Solved!
zikzik
Level 2
notebook copy

Hello,
I am trying to migrate python notebooks from project A to project B.

for that I started by looking if it is possible to do it directly from the interface (with a copy button for example) but i didn't find it.

So I connected to the server and tried to copy the notebook by doing a 'cp -rp  my source_folder/file  destination/file'. 

the file was well copied to the destination project but it is not displayed on the dataiku interface, so I think that there is metadata to modify somewhere. Any ideas on how I can do this from the interface or from the command lines ?

thank you for your answers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @zikzik 

In that case, you will indeed need to copy the entire notebook directory from one project to another:

cp -rf DATA_DIR/config/projects/<ORIG_PROJECT>/ipython_notebooks/ DATA_DIR/config/projects/<DEST_PROJECT>/

I have just checked in my DSS10 instance and it worked. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @zikzik 

You can export notebooks from one project: 

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 19.53.48.png

And import them to another:

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 19.54.01.png

zikzik
Level 2
Author

Thank you for your answer,
I want to migrate all the notebooks of a project, so I'm looking for a method to do it in one shot instead of one by one ( i have a lot of notebooks )

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @zikzik 

In that case, you will indeed need to copy the entire notebook directory from one project to another:

cp -rf DATA_DIR/config/projects/<ORIG_PROJECT>/ipython_notebooks/ DATA_DIR/config/projects/<DEST_PROJECT>/

I have just checked in my DSS10 instance and it worked. 

zikzik
Level 2
Author

thank you, it works but I have rights problems, I can't launch the notebook in the new project. It's read only access.

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

HI @zikzik 

Have you used DSS system user to copy that directory? 

zikzik
Level 2
Author

Yes it was a user problem, now it works, thank you very much ๐Ÿ˜Š

0 Kudos