Creating a permanent Color Palette

Solved!
cwentz
Level 3
Creating a permanent Color Palette

How can I create a color palette to use from a list of hexadecimals? 

So far I have had to add the colors one at a time for each and every chart in just one project. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi @cwentz ,

I thought you might be interested to learn that in Dataiku 10, you'll be able to more easily assign the colors in the custom color palette you've created to elements in your charts.

Here's how:

1. Open your chart
  2. Choose the color palette you want to use
  3. Click on the color dots to change the color assigned to each categorical value

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 12.05.39.png

For more info, check out this video that demos this and other improvements made to visualizations in Dataiku 10 or take a look at a hands-on tutorial.

Enjoy,

Ashley

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi @cwentz ,

To create a color palette that you can easily reuse across datasets in a project, I'd recommend you check out the custom color palette plugin.

From the color palette editing modal, click on 'export to plugin'.

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 10.05.19.png

Give the resulting color palette a name and have Dataiku create a new plugin with the generated snippet.

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 10.06.08.png

Name this plugin something easy to remember like, 'color palettes' and create the plugin.

Screenshot 2021-09-21 at 10.06.38.png

If you end up having several custom color palettes, I'd recommend taking the generated snippet and adding to an existing color palettes plugin. I keep all of my custom palettes--discrete and continuous--stored in the same plugin.

I hope this helps!

Ashley

cwentz
Level 3
Author

Thanks so much @AshleyW !! I really appreciate the time to answer my question and for the thoroughness of the post. I am a visual person so this really helped me. 

0 Kudos
AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi @cwentz ,

I thought you might be interested to learn that in Dataiku 10, you'll be able to more easily assign the colors in the custom color palette you've created to elements in your charts.

Here's how:

1. Open your chart
  2. Choose the color palette you want to use
  3. Click on the color dots to change the color assigned to each categorical value

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 12.05.39.png

For more info, check out this video that demos this and other improvements made to visualizations in Dataiku 10 or take a look at a hands-on tutorial.

Enjoy,

Ashley

cwentz
Level 3
Author

@AshleyW YAY!! TY for letting me know.

0 Kudos