Basics of R in DSS-the chart created in the example is not available after the recipe created

Solved!
sreejithkm
Level 2
Basics of R in DSS-the chart created in the example is not available after the recipe created

Hi,

I could successfully complete the first exercise with Basics of R in DSS, i have created the recipe as well. But after that i could not see the chart which was created in the notebook. Is it not available in the charts section of the dataset created?

Thanks & Best Regards

Sreejith

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ATsao
Dataiker

Hi Sreejith, 

It is important to note the difference between notebooks, recipes, and datasets in DSS. Notably, notebooks are not tied to any specific datasets and is generally used for data exploration purposes (you can read in data from any dataset in your project into a particular notebook). In your particular case, you very likely read your dataset into a dataframe in your R notebook and leveraged some R packages (i.e. ggplot2) to create a chart using it, but this will only be available from your notebook. 

For charts that are "tied" to a particular dataset, you will need to navigate to the dataset > Charts tab and create a chart accordingly: 

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/visualization/index.html

Best

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ATsao
Dataiker

Hi Sreejith, 

It is important to note the difference between notebooks, recipes, and datasets in DSS. Notably, notebooks are not tied to any specific datasets and is generally used for data exploration purposes (you can read in data from any dataset in your project into a particular notebook). In your particular case, you very likely read your dataset into a dataframe in your R notebook and leveraged some R packages (i.e. ggplot2) to create a chart using it, but this will only be available from your notebook. 

For charts that are "tied" to a particular dataset, you will need to navigate to the dataset > Charts tab and create a chart accordingly: 

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/visualization/index.html

Best

Andrew

0 Kudos
sreejithkm
Level 2
Author

Hi Andrew,

Thanks you

Best Regards

Sreejith

0 Kudos