SCMS, Dayananda Sagar University - Teaching the Next Generation of Analytical Talent with Dataiku

Team members:

• Prof Capt Nagaraj Subbarao
  • Prof H N Shankar
  • Prof Mohan Srinivasan
  • Prof Amulya Panda
  • Prof Padmalatha
  • Prof Vasudevan
  • Prof Chinmoy Kumar
  • Prof Sagar Manjunath

Organization: SCMS, Dayananda Sagar University

Dayananda Sagar University with its legacy of over more than five decades of imparting higher education on par with global standards in various disciplines offers undergraduate and post graduate programs in commerce and management. The School provides a rich learning environment with world class infrastructure together with top class faculty team to develop and hone the managerial and leadership abilities of its students through a rich portfolio of pedagogical tools. Class room instruction, case-based discussion, role plays, film-shows, games, on field projects and company internships, besides guest lectureship and seminars by industry experts are the many ways the students learn the fundamentals and advanced concepts in commerce and management education.

Awards Categories:

• Excellence in Teaching
  • Best Data Democratization Program

Business Solution:

Ranjitha.S Student, MBA 2021-23 School of Commerce and Management Studies Dayananda Sagar University:

"I am writing to share my experience with Dataiku, a data science platform that I have recently had the opportunity to explore. As an IT Analyst with over 6 years of experience in the industry and working for TCS, I was introduced to Dataiku by Professor Shanker. I completed the Core Designer course offered by Dataiku as part of my assignment, and I am delighted to provide my review of the platform.Throughout my journey with Dataiku, I found it to be an incredibly easy-to-use and fantastic platform. Despite its powerful capabilities, Dataiku is designed in a way that allows users to understand and learn the tool with ease. Personally, I was able to navigate and experiment with the platform effortlessly, thanks to the guidance and support provided by Professor Shanker.

Dataiku offers a collaborative environment that empowers organizations to harness the full potential of their data. The platform brings together data scientists, analysts, and IT professionals, enabling them to work together seamlessly on data-driven projects. As an IT Analyst heavily reliant on SQL, I found this aspect of Dataiku particularly beneficial. The platform enables users to easily drag and drop operations, apply filters, and join tables. This visual approach simplifies the data preparation process and significantly reduces the time required for complex tasks. With just a few clicks, I could perform tasks such as aggregations, window functions, and advanced filtering.  Data scientists can leverage Python or R to build complex models, while IT professionals like myself can contribute by leveraging SQL. This inclusive environment fosters teamwork and enables faster, more accurate data-driven decision-making.

In conclusion, my experience with Dataiku has been exceptional. As an IT Analyst with a strong background in SQL, I found Dataiku to be an invaluable tool that complements my existing skill set." 

Value Generated:

Abbasali Doddamani, Student, SCMS Dayananda Sagar University:

"One of the notable aspects of Dataiku is its user-friendly interface, which allows both technical and non-technical users to work with data and build models. It supports popular programming languages like Python and R, and also provides a visual drag-and-drop interface for creating workflows and pipelines.

The platform also offers advanced features like automated machine learning (AutoML) and deep learning capabilities, making it suitable for a wide range of data science tasks. Dataiku provides extensive learning resources through its Dataiku Academy, offering tutorials, documentation, and online courses to help users learn and master the platform. These resources can be beneficial for individuals looking to enhance their skills in data science and machine learning.

Achieving Dataiku certification can demonstrate proficiency in using the platform and can be a valuable addition to one's profile or career. It showcases an individual's ability to work with data, build models, and derive insights using Dataiku. Such certification can potentially enhance job prospects and open up opportunities in data science and AI-related roles. While as per my personal experiences to share, Dataiku is widely recognized in the industry for its comprehensive features, user-friendly interface, and commitment to empowering organizations in their data-driven initiatives."

Saurabh Kumar, Student, MBA 2022-24, School of Commerce and Management Studies, Dayananda Sagar University:

"The course was well-structured and easy to follow, and I learned a lot about how to use Dataiku to solve real-world data science problems. One of the things I liked most about the course was that it was very hands-on. We spent a lot of time using Dataiku to get a touch with the Data science overview. This helped me to understand how the tool works and how to use it to solve real-world problems. Another thing I liked about the course was that it covered a wide range of topics. learning from scratch to end will build your confidence to the next level. Students from our college have taken the course as an assignment under the part of the Business research method subject and learned a lot. 

Overall, I highly recommend the Dataiku course to anyone interested in learning more about data science or core design concepts. It is a great way to learn how to use Dataiku to solve real-world problems. How to use Dataiku's built-in features for data visualization and collaboration is one of the great learning for management students as this is being used by future managers. It showcases an individual's ability to work with data, build models, and derive insights using Dataiku. Such certification can potentially enhance job prospects and open up opportunities in data science and AI-related roles

I also learned a lot about the data science process in general. I learned about the different steps involved in the core design, from data collection to model deployment. I am very glad that I took the Dataiku course. I learned a lot and I am now confident that I can use Dataiku to solve real-world data science problems."

Bhavya Shree, Student, MBA 2022-24, School of Commerce and Management Studies, Dayananda Sagar University:

"The Core Designer certification of Dataiku is an important component of the MBA course. I am sharing my learning from Dataiku, Dataiku Academy offers comprehensive courses for data science and machine learning. The courses are well-structured, covering a wide range of topics from data preparation to advanced modeling techniques. The instructors are knowledgeable and provide clear explanations. The interactive nature of the courses, with hands-on exercises and real-world examples, helps reinforce the concepts and enhance understanding. The platform is user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and access course materials. The learning experience is self-paced, allowing learners to progress at their own speed. The course content is up-to-date and relevant, reflecting the latest trends and technologies in the field. The assessments and quizzes provided throughout the courses help assess understanding and reinforce learning. Overall, Dataiku Academy is a valuable resource for individuals looking to enhance their data skills and stay updated in the ever-evolving field of data science and machine learning. In conclusion, I highly recommend the dataiku course to anyone interested on learning about data science and design concepts. By learning all these it can makes us one step ahead from others."

K B Suman, Student, MBA 2022-24, School of Commerce and Management Studies, Dayananda Sagar University:

"I recently completed the Dataiku Core Designer course, and it is one of the great course, it provided an in-depth understanding of how to harness the power of Dataiku's Core Designer for data-related tasks. The hands-on approach allowed me to explore the platform's capabilities firsthand, enabling me to create complex data pipelines and perform intricate data preparation steps easily. 

The standout aspects of the course was its well-structured curriculum. Starting with the basics, it gradually progressed to more advanced topics, ensuring that even beginners like me could follow along. The interactive nature of the learning materials, including video tutorials and practical exercises, made it easy to grasp complex concepts. I appreciated how the instructors not only explained the "how" but also the "why" behind each feature, empowering me to make informed decisions while working on real-world data projects. 

The Dataiku Core Designer course has now equipped me with practical skills that have proven invaluable in my data-driven endeavors."

Annie Shieh, Student, MBA 2022-24, School of Commerce and Management Studies, Dayananda Sagar University:

"I would like to mention my recent encounter with Dataiku, a well-known data science platform. Taking Dataiku's Core Designer course was an enlightening journey that revealed the company's amazing ease of use and robust functionality. The collaborative ecosystem facilitated by this platform seamlessly connects data professionals, allowing them to harmoniously participate in data-centric efforts. Dataiku's interface has strong Python and R support and a visual drag-and-drop approach to creating workflows. In addition to these characteristics, the platform has advanced features such as automated machine learning and deep learning capabilities.

Our knowledge repository called Dataiku Academy is a treasure trove of learning resources to advance our data science and machine learning skills. Earning a Dataiku certification can increase our employability in data science and AI-driven careers. The simple structure of the course makes it effortless to navigate, and the hands-on educational approach is particularly commendable as it strengthened my understanding of real-world problems in data science. The course has covered a wide range of topics and not only strengthened my foundation, but also helped me boost my confidence from start to finish. I endorse Dataiku courses for anyone who loves data science, basic design principles, and the art of data visualization. Therein lies a comprehensive educational perspective to enable individuals to meet the real challenges they encounter in the real world."

Durgaa Lakshmi, MBA 2022-24, School of Commerce and Management Studies, Dayananda Sagar University:

"The Dataiku course is great platform.  The platform's functionalities are clearly outlined on the homepage, which also enables speedy deployment of big data sets and facilitates user navigation. The fact that the course was so hands-on was one of the aspects I enjoyed the most. Working on the website trail gave us the chance to put what we were learning into practice. I was able to see the practical applications of the things we were studying, which was incredibly beneficial. Additionally, I learned how to apply data visualization for enhanced comprehension. This course covers everything in a clear and concise manner. I also learned how to use visualize data for better understanding. 

Another great thing about Dataiku Academy is that the courses are constantly being updated with new content. I gained a lot of knowledge about Dataiku, and I now have more faith that I can utilize it to address real-world data issues. I also learned more about Dataiku's built-in collaboration and data visualization features. Getting a Dataiku certification adds value to the individual and can help them get jobs in data science and AI-related fields. It is an excellent starting point for learning about the platform and getting into machine learning and data science.

Happy to have completed the Dataiku course. In conclusion, Dataiku Academy is an excellent resource for anyone interested in learning about data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence."

Vivek Bikkannavar, MBA 2022-24, School of Commerce and Management Studies, Dayananda Sagar University:

"In my first year's second semester, I completed the Dataiku Course, which greatly enhanced my understanding of data science and technology integration. This structured course provided hands-on experience with Dataiku, enabling me to adeptly approach real-world data challenges. Covering data collection to model deployment, the course comprehensively illustrated the data science process. Notably, Dataiku's visualization and collaboration tools are invaluable for future managers. The certification received not only improves job prospects but also opens doors to data science and AI roles. I confidently recommend the Dataiku Course for a thorough understanding of data science and the practical application of Dataiku's capabilities."

Tejas R, Student, Student, MBA 2022-24, School of Commerce and Management Studies, Dayananda Sagar University:

"I being a Technical Student and obtaining experience in the Manufacturing sector, it is necessary to upskill yourself with new technology advancements and implement them in your working chronology. The course was structured to such an extent that a Non-Technical Student can also find it easy to follow. This course gave us insights as to how to use Dataiku to solve real-world data science problems. It enabled us hands-on experience with the dummy models. We spent a good amount of time using Dataiku to watch their video content to understand how to build bridges to cover the gaps. It also helped us to get in touch with the Data science overview and a lot about the data science process, in general. Personally, This helped me understand how the tool works and how to use this tool to solve complex problems. It also covers a wide range of topics and takes you through the different steps involved in the core design, from data collection to data analyzation and model deployment. Learning from the basics to the end will boost your confidence to a whole new level. Had I known about Dataiku and its Training Programmes, things would have been much easier at Work. I highly recommend the Dataiku course to all my Friends who are interested in learning more about data science or core design concepts. It is a great way to solve real-world problems."

Value Type:

• Improve customer/employee satisfaction
  • Reduce cost
  • Reduce risk
  • Increase trust

In a Nutshell:

Our curriculum at SCMS includes subjects such as Business Research Methods, Introduction to Business Analytics, EDA Using Python, Applied Analytics, Python Programming and Pytorch, Data Science Fundamentals, and Data Visualization for Decision Making etc. In these courses, we emphasize the importance of data-driven decision-making, a skill that has become indispensable in the contemporary business world.

Each academic session accommodates around 180 students, divided into three sections: A, B, and C. Our student body is characterized by its diversity, with individuals hailing from various parts of India and coming from different backgrounds. This diversity fosters a rich learning environment where students can engage in cross-cultural exchange and collaboration, preparing them for the global nature of the business world.

An essential aspect of our teaching methodology is to encourage students to actively participate in their own learning journey. To this end, we have incorporated Dataiku's courses available through Dataiku Academy. These resources, offered by Dataiku, enable our students to enhance their understanding of business analytics, data science, and data visualization.

Several of our students who have undertaken Dataiku's Core Designer course have shared their positive experiences. The above endorsements from our students demonstrate that the integration of Dataiku's courses has been a valuable addition to their educational journey. As they acquire skills in data science, analytics, and visualization, our students are better prepared to tackle complex business challenges, contribute to evidence-based decision-making, and ultimately excel in their future careers.

By participating in the Dataiku Frontrunner Awards, we aim to showcase our commitment to excellence in teaching and the advancement of data democratization. The accolades would acknowledge the efforts of our faculty and students in leveraging innovative tools like Dataiku to enhance the quality of education and contribute to the field of business analytics.

In summary, our classes at SCMS Dayananda Sagar University offer a unique blend of traditional business management principles and cutting-edge analytics tools. Through our association with Dataiku, we have empowered our students to become adept at data-driven decision-making and equipped them with skills that will serve as valuable assets in their future achievements and careers.

Attachments
Share:
Version history
Publication date:
05-08-2024 09:37 AM
Version history
Last update:
‎08-17-2023 11:37 AM
Updated by:
Contributors