Create dataset from AWS S3 bucket

Carl
Level 3
Create dataset from AWS S3 bucket

Hi, 

I'm trying to create a dataset from AWS S3 bucket but somewhere I get this error message :

"Could not list buckets: The AWS Access Key Id you provided does not exist in our records. (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 403; Error Code: InvalidAccessKeyId; Request ID: 1QYN9PKG48DK4PSG; S3 Extended Request ID: gM5Sk5ejQ2Nt5QewA5AkSDPVU0+8ocGYe/itU6DvchHHXZcm6wHAD7G6N3rJPbfoSxM0CshYyYE=)"

For information :

I've followed instructions via link :

https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/courses/basics/create-dataset/concept-connection.html

My connections is already configured in my settings and test connections shows "OK"

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 14.44.09.png

I've created a "dss" folder in my S3 bucket so the path is kind of:

My S3 bucket is p8west 

The folder name is dss 

Now when I go to my project flow and I try to create a new dataset from AWS S3 :

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 14.52.02.png

Why it show this error message when in my connection settings it shows "OK"?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ignacio_Toledo

Hi @Carl,

Have you checked the policies attached to the user with those security credentials?

Maybe they are limited, and they don't allow you to list the contents of the buckets. For example, I'm using the most unsecure policy for one connection (because it is not sensitive data):

Screenshot from 2022-04-20 08-31-41.png

My suspicion, is that the security keys you provided are valid, but they don't have all the permissions you need.

Hope this helps,

Ignacio

0 Kudos
Carl
Level 3
Author

S3FullAcess is granted to anyone with my access keys, that's what I don't understand.

0 Kudos

Hi @Carl,

I went too quickly with my previous suspicious. It looks like the string you have in the field "Access Key" is actually the "secret".  This would explain why you get the message that the key pair is not recognized. Or else, there is another typo in either the access key or the secret.

Hope this helps,

I.

0 Kudos
Carl
Level 3
Author

Hi Ignacio, 

thank you for your feedback. I did some changes and I could finally access the file on AWS S3.

I've change the Compartiement strategy and create a new pair of keys which I used in the settings and finally worked out.

Best regards

Carl