Alert/Notification to check max timestamp on a dataset

Rutuja
Rutuja Registered Posts: 19 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to send an Alert/Notification to check max timestamp value on a dataset and and send an alert message if the date has not been updated for last 10 days.

Thanks for help!

Operating system used: windows

Best Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,925 Neuron
    Answer ✓

In your dataset metrics enable the Column statistics option and enable the Max metric on the timestamp column you want your alert on:

Now create a new Scenario in your project and add 3 steps (Compute metrics, Define variables and Send message) as follows:

Name the compute metrics "Compute_Metrics" (do not change this) and add the dataset where you added the Max metric.

On the Define variables step enable the Evaluated variables option and add a new variable called "Days_Difference" and use the following formula:

diff(now(), asDate(filter(parseJson(stepOutput_Compute_Metrics)['[PROJECT_KEY].[DATASET_ID]_NP']['computed'], x, x["metricId"]=="col_stats:MAX:[COLUMN_NAME]")[0].value, "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ"), 'days')

Yopu need to replace the [PROJECT_KEY], [DATASET_ID] and [COLUMN_NAME] placeholders with your corresponding values as per your environment. See sample below:

On the Send message step change the Run this step to "If conditioned satified" and add the following logical expression:

Days_Difference > 10 && outcome == 'SUCCESS'

Now schedule the scenario as required in the Settings tab.

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,925 Neuron
    Answer ✓

Try with this date format in the formula:

yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSSSSZ

Answers

• Turribeach

Do you want a code or no code solution?

• Rutuja
  • Rutuja

Thank you so much for the help. It was super helpful !

I am getting following error while running the Define variable step. Not getting what's wrong in the expression.

is dataset name and dataset id same ?

Cannot evaluate expression 'diff(now(), asDate(filter(parseJson(stepOutput_Compute_Metrics)['EMHEATMAPV1.CorkOutput_NP']['computed'], x, x["metricId"]=="col_stats:MAX:timestamp")[0].value, "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ"), 'days')' as formula

• Turribeach

Post a screen shot of the compute metrics scenario step, a screen shot of the metric you added in your dataset and paste the full URL you see in your browser when open the dataset. One of those names it’s wrong.

• Rutuja

Please find the attached screenshot for your reference

URL :11100/projects/EMHEATMAPV1/datasets/CorkOutput/explore/

• Turribeach

OK I see your problem. You didn't follow the steps I outlined properly. You must name the step "Compute_Metrics".

My scenario step:

Your scenario step:

PS: You can copy/paste images directly from your clipboard so they show inline rather than as attachments. They are easier to see and easier to add.

• Rutuja
    [2024/08/06-15:46:04.254] [FT-ScenarioThread-ZdwIXxcz-29924] [INFO] [dip.reporter.lookup] scenario EMHEATMAPV1.DAILY_TIMESTAMP_MONITORING#2024-08-06-15-46-01-187 - [ct: 3032] Failure during evaluation of'diff(now(), asDate(filter(parseJson(stepOutput_Compute_Metrics)['AUTOMATED_REPORT.CorkOutput_NP']['computed'], x, x["metricId"]=="col_stats:MAX:timestamp")[0].value, "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ"), 'days')' as formula: ExpressionError: parseJson failed: Missing value at 0 [character 1 line 1][2024/08/06-15:46:04.254] [FT-ScenarioThread-ZdwIXxcz-29924] [WARN] [dip.reporter.lookup] scenario EMHEATMAPV1.DAILY_TIMESTAMP_MONITORING#2024-08-06-15-46-01-187 - Cannot evaluate expression 'diff(now(), asDate(filter(parseJson(stepOutput_Compute_Metrics)['AUTOMATED_REPORT.CorkOutput_NP']['computed'], x, x["metricId"]=="col_stats:MAX:timestamp")[0].value, "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ"), 'days')' as formulajava.lang.Exception: parseJson failed: Missing value at 0 [character 1 line 1]

I have updated the step1, but still getting same error

• Turribeach

You have a space in the name. As I said in my instructions you must call it "Compute_Metrics".

• Rutuja

[2024/08/06-16:

28:29.086] [FT-ScenarioThread-sVSxVcQi-30042] [INFO] [dip.reporter.lookup] scenario EMHEATMAPV1.DAILY_TIMESTAMP_MONITORING#2024-08-06-16-28-27-897 - [ct: 1157] Failure during evaluation of'diff(now(), asDate(filter(parseJson(stepOutput_Compute_Metrics)['AUTOMATED_REPORT.CorkOutput_NP']['computed'], x, x["metricId"]=="col_stats:MAX:timestamp")[0].value, "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ"), 'days')' as formula: ExpressionError: Cannot retrieve field from null[2024/08/06-16:28:29.086] [FT-ScenarioThread-sVSxVcQi-30042] [WARN] [dip.reporter.lookup] scenario EMHEATMAPV1.DAILY_TIMESTAMP_MONITORING#2024-08-06-16-28-27-897 - Cannot evaluate expression 'diff(now(), asDate(filter(parseJson(stepOutput_Compute_Metrics)['AUTOMATED_REPORT.CorkOutput_NP']['computed'], x, x["metricId"]=="col_stats:MAX:timestamp")[0].value, "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ"), 'days')' as formulajava.lang.Exception: Cannot retrieve field from null

Cannot retrieve field from null

• Turribeach

What's "AUTOMATED_REPORT"? Your project key is EMHEATMAPV1 so not sure why you used AUTOMATED_REPORT in the expression.

• Rutuja

when I retrieved the project key, it showed 2 names including "AUTOMATED_REPORT". I have fixed it now.

The formula is running successfully now, but their is issue with date format.

Unable to parse as date: 2024-07-22T07:26:04.000000+0000

• Turribeach

What is the datatype of the timestamp column? Post a screen shot of the column heading and some values.

• Rutuja

DATATYPE is date

• Rutuja
    edited August 7

It worked !

Thanks you for the solution! @Turribeach

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…