Creating a dropdown in an exported end-user dataset

Maleeha
Maleeha Registered Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

I have created a report that is downloaded as an excel and stored into a fileshare. This reprot is then shared with external stakeholders for feedback. I would like this feedback to be in a column with a dropdown of options.

Due to the volume of stakeholders, I cannot do this for each report manually and would like to understand if I can configure this in Dataiku and have the dropdown available as part of the export/ stored file.

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,925 Neuron

The built-in export to Excel option does not support this level of customisations. However Dataiku being a "clickers" and "coders" tool allows you to produce pretty any sort of output programmatically since it supports Python which is has an extremely rich and diverse open source package library. A quick web search reveals this SO post which points to the openpyxl Python package as way to programmatically generate Excel files which can have drop down columns.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…