Connect to Oracle NetSuite

rafael_rosado97
rafael_rosado97 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 60 Partner

Hello, team.

A client tells me that his data is hosted on Oracle NetSuite.
When he wants to view them, he installs the NeuSuite odbc driver on his Windows machine where he only enters the host, port, and service name. Subsequently, to display information in tables, it uses SQL Server with Link Server where he enters again the host, port, service name and finally the previously downloaded NetSuite driver.

I'm not sure how to make this connection in Dataiku.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks a lot.

Operating system used: Linux

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,925 Neuron
    edited September 13

The Dataiku backend is Java based so it used JDBC not ODBC therefore you will need to get a JDBC driver from the database vendor or a third party. There appears to be one provided by Oracle Netsuite but I am not sure it will work. As per the documentation "DSS can connect to any database that provides a JDBC driver" but not all functionality may work.

Just follow the installing databse drivers documentation and deploy the NQjc.jar to the DATA_DIR/lib/jdbc folder, restart DSS and try to create a connection. One thing to keep in mind is that Dataiku v12 and below uses Java 8 and v13 uses Java 17 so if you have different driver options then choose the driver accordingly to the DSS Java version.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…