Can not Duplicate a Project- Have a lot of Zones and Need to use all Recipes for a New Project

ESoto
ESoto Registered Posts: 20 ✭✭✭✭

I have a project that has a framework designed as a set up to re-use for other months. However, besides needing to make sure datasets are replaced in the input for the months of July from June, there are also other new datasets that are being added that were not in the month of June (example: there are now two additional datasets since more applications of data were found).

My question is, if I make an application as a recipe can I use it to copy all datasets and steps (recipes) from the original project and if I need to add new datasets and replace them am I able to do so? Another option I am attempting is copying all the zones from the previous project and adding it to a new or existing project. However, I want to make sure if I replace the inputs this will not mess up the original project. Please advise thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,913 Neuron

Why not use a Files in Folder dataset to load all the different data files you want? You can quickly change/update/add files and reload them if needed.

• ESoto

Hi thank you so much for responding. I will need to look into this for another time but I was able to successfully copy the zones and import all the zones into another project, I replaced the datasets where they needed to be and then thankfully the recipes for the other zones did the rest where I no longer needed to replace anything.

My only other question now is I have a zone that has the datasets from the original project, they are still labelled black indicating it came from a source. I no longer need this in the next project and also want to now make space and get rid of it. It is not connected to any of the zones as everything was replaced. However, how do I safely delete this zone/datasets out of this project WITHOUT it deleting from the original source?

• ESoto

Thank you so much and you are correct, in fact, it immediately says before processing that it will not delete anything from the original project. My July project is now safely an independent project!

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…