remapping connections for API services

fjavanderspek
fjavanderspek Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 8 ✭✭

Goodday!

In the API Designer, we can define connections to use with SQL Query Endpoints. How do we remap these connections based on deployments to different API nodes? (ie. use different connection for deployments to a production API node vs. deployments to an acceptance API node) I don't see any option in the deployer UI and am wondering what the intended method is!

Kind regards

Best Answers

Answers

• fjavanderspek
    fjavanderspek Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited July 17

To verify my understanding, does that mean, in the following JSON block, the 'MY-SAMPLE-CONNECTION' should have the connection name of the connection that was used on the Design Node and the type & params should be filled with values of the database to which we want to remap?:

{
            "remappedConnections": {
                    "MY-SAMPLE-CONNECTION": {
                            "type": "PostgreSQL",
                            "params": {
                                    "host": "my-db-host",
                                    "db": "my-db",
                                    "user": "my-user",
                                    "password": "my-password"
                            }
                    },
                    "MY-OTHER-CONNECTION": { "..." }
            },
            "..."
    } 

So, in essence:

{
            "remappedConnections": {
                    "<DEV-DATABASE-CONNECTION-NAME>": { <PROD DATABASE CONNECTION DETAILS> },
            },
            "..."
    }

• fjavanderspek
Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…