Warn during Project Duplication when Project Names get to Looooong....

tgb417
tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

User Story:

As a Data Analyst who periodically duplicates Dataiku DSS projects, I would like to be warned if the project name gets so long that the copied project will not work reliably. This would save a bunch of time during project duplications

Conditions of Satisfaction:

• If the project name gets longer during duplication I would at least like to be notified.

Nice to Have:

• Have the Project Duplication Process know about each of the data stores in the project and report if the new project name will cause problems
  • When projects are duplicated the suggested project name is kept both uniques and the same overall length as the original project.

Notes:

When Duplicating projects that use a PostgreSQL Database Server I can run into errors if the length of the Project Name gets too long. This is not well captured as an error condition. This is particularly bad when duplicating complicated projects and the name of the tables get so long that PostgreSQL will no longer work correctly.

0 votes

New · Last Updated

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…