Problems to connect a MySQL database

rafael_rosado97
rafael_rosado97 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 61 Partner

Hello, Dataiku Team

I installed MySQL driver on my Ubuntu Machine as described in the documentation, but when I make the connection in Dataiku, an error appears: Failed to load JDBC driver (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver), caused by: ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver.

Machine version: Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

Java version: 11.0.20.1+1-0ubuntu1~22.04

The link we used to install driver was: https://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/Connector-J/mysql-connector-java-8.0.23.tar.gz

Do you know what the problem is?

Thank you very much!!

Operating system used: Linux

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,024 Neuron

Did you follow these steps?

• Copy the driver’s JAR file (and its dependencies, if any) to the DATA_DIR/lib/jdbc folder
    • Restart Data Science Studio

DATA_DIR in this contect means the directory where DSS is installed.

• rafael_rosado97
    rafael_rosado97 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 61 Partner

I think I am wrong.

Because I moved the entire unzipped folder to DATA_DIR/lib/jdbc.

Just the .jar file should be moved there, right?

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,024 Neuron
  • rafael_rosado97

Got it. Thank you!

About SQL Server Driver, I have several .jar in the unzipped folder as you can see on the image.
    Is the mssql-jdbc-12.4.2.jre11.jar the file i should move?

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…