Exporting SQL Notebook

Henk
Henk Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 3

Hello,

We are migrating from one dataiku server to another and I would like to export all our SQL Notebook queries. I can see that a Jupyter Notebook has a "File Save As" option, however, I don't see that option for a SQL Code Notebook.

I have a number of SQL Notebooks, each with a number of queries. Is there a way to export those SQL queries to a file? Or is there an option to include SQL Notebooks in the "Flow Document Generator"?

Many thanks in advance,

Henk

Tagged:

Answers

• Sarina
    Sarina Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 317 Dataiker
    edited July 17

Hi @Henk

Indeed there isn't a way to export SQL notebook queries easily from the UI. They do live in a file on your DSS server though, so perhaps you can extract the queries from the underlying files directly.

You'll find them in:

<DATADIR>/config/projects/<PROJECT_KEY>/notebooks/sql/NOTEBOOK_ID/queries.json

The queries will be in the "sql" element for each notebook cell.

Thanks,
    Sarina

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,925 Neuron

Why would you manually export items like this? Makes no sense. Either backup and restore your Dataiku DATADIR, in which case you get everything back as it was, or you can export individual projects that you want. Either way you are not messing with individual files.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…