Drop data set to False deletes the SQL table

jvijayakumar2
jvijayakumar2 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 30 Partner

Hi,

I create an SQL table dataset inside my custom plugin recipe and try to delete just the dataset without dropping the table in the database. But the table is being dropped whether or not I set drop_data to True or False. Just wanted to check if I'm doing it the right way.

I referred to this documentation

https://developer.dataiku.com/latest/concepts-and-examples/datasets/datasets-other.html#deleting-a-dataset

Thanks

dataset = project.create_sql_table_dataset(table_name, "PostgreSQL", connection, table_name, schema)
dataset_settings = dataset.get_settings()
table_name_with_schema = '"' + schema + '"."' + table_name + '"'
dataset_settings.get_raw_params()["customPostWriteStatements"] = 'ALTER TABLE ' + table_name_with_schema + ' ADD COLUMN id bigint GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY PRIMARY KEY; GRANT SELECT , DELETE ON TABLE ' + table_name_with_schema + ' TO psqladmin;'
dataset_settings.save()
src_dataset.copy_to(dataset, sync_schema=True, write_mode='OVERWRITE')
dataset.delete(drop_data=False)

Best Answer

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,212 Dataiker
    Answer ✓

Hi @jvijayakumar2
    As discussed on the support ticket your code does not wait for the copy_to to complete thus no table is created at that point.

You should avoid this by adding ( wait_for_result()

src_dataset.copy_to(dataset, sync_schema=True, write_mode='OVERWRITE').wait_for_result()

Thanks

Answers

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…