build an API from a CSV file - API designer

omar21
omar21 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 18 ✭✭✭✭

Hello , I hope you doing well .

i have many csv files and i want to build my own API and feed it with those csv data , the objectif is to use this API to send data to another server

if you have any suggestions to do this with API designer don't hesitate.

Thanks a lot

Answers

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,225 Dataiker

Hi @omar21

That's atypical use for an API endpoint, even a custom code endpoint.
    You can only send POST requests in JSON. So you would have to base64 encode or a similar CSV file to send to the API and then convert it back to CSV to send to another system.

Using a DSS flow would be more adequate if you want to send files. You can use the Python API to upload file to a folder and then process those files and send to another system via a scenario.
    Another option is to use a custom webapp: https://developer.dataiku.com/latest/tutorials/webapps/standard/upload-file-kb/index.html

Thanks,

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 2,032 Neuron

Get a network file share and move the CSV files, it will be mich faster than any sort of API. Or use a Cloud bucket if you are on Cloud. The requirement doesn't really makes sense. People don't build APIs to send CSV files. What are you trying to achieve?

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…