KPI Filter and Aggregate Operations

v1997
v1997 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 2

Hi Team,

Dataiku Version: 11.4.4

I am trying to implement KPI which interacts with Global filter (Filter applicable on whole slide).

The Data looks like:

RegionMarketProduct A
R1102
R2203
R3304

Case 1: If in Filter, All Regions are selected, The Overall Share of Product A is 9/60 = 0.15

Case 2: (NEED HELP HERE) when I select only R1 & R2, the Overall Share of Product A is 5/30 = 0.16

But I believe KPI doesn't have any option to perform division operation which interacts with Filter.

It would be really helpful if you could give me some direction or if this feature is yet to be introduced.

Thank you.

@IoanaP
@CatalinaS
@AdrienL

Operating system used: Windows

Operating system used: Windows

Tagged:

Answers

• IoanaP
    IoanaP Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 15 Dataiker

Hi @v1997

Dynamic computing when changing the filter is not possible using DSS 11.

There are some workarounds in DSS 11 and you could use the group by recipe that has filtering and custom aggregations(only on SQL) but the downside is that you would need to add the filters in the recipe and you can't dynamically change them on the dashboard or the chart page.

Good news are: this feature is currently in progress and it will be released in the next couple of weeks. Adding some screenshot of the feature for your use case:
    1. Create the custom aggregation on charts page (screenshot_1.png)
    2. Create KPI chart and use filter are to update the KPI chart ( the chart is dynamically updating based on the selection of your filters) (screenshot_2.png)

Looking forward to hearing your feedback once you'll be using the feature.
    Thank you,
    Ioana

• v1997
    v1997 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 2

Thank you for your response. Looking forward to using this once available.

• IoanaP
    IoanaP Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 15 Dataiker

Hi @v1997

I'm happy to share that the custom aggregation feature on Charts page has been released in the recent Dataiku 12.2.0 version. As mentioned above, you should be able to solve your use case using this feature.

More details about this feature are on this Knowledge Base Article here

Please let us know your feedback once you use it.

Thank you,

Ioana

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…