Is it possible to run a custom plugin from a custom Create-Project Macro?

Dominic-S
Dominic-S Registered Posts: 17

Hi,

Is it possible to run a component (such as a macro) of another custom plugin (PluginA) from my custom Create-Project Marco?

My custom Create-Project Marco will

1. Create a Dataiku project
  2. Setup resources in a third party Data Store A
  3. Setup access control on the resources in Data Store A

In order to run step 3, it requires an elevated permission (such as admin privilege) of data store A, while step 2 requires read/write permission to data store A.

The idea is to create a separate plugin with its own parameter-set to store admin credential to setup the access control. While my Create-Project Macro with its own credential to run step 1 and 2.

Another question will be is it possible for a custom create project macro to have two different presets (one has admin credential and the other has user credential).

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,925 Neuron

This is more of a curve ball but about changing tack and making this a Python web app (Dash, etc) which uses the Dataiku API where you can have authenticated users and perform the actions behind the scenes with the required elevated permissions.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…