Invalid argument when loading Scenarios

martijn
martijn Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 5

Hi,

I came across a weird bug after upgrading from DSS 11.4.0 to DSS 12.1.0.

When switching branches through version control in a project, and navigating to the scenarios, I get an error saying Invalid Argument: An invalid argument has been encountered : Invalid format: "2022-04-20T14:15:00.000Z" is malformed at "T14:15:00.000Z". (see screenshot).

When removing the time component from several datetime fields through my own code editor in the scenario json files, and pushing them to Dataiku through git, I am able to resolve the error. But this seems like a bug.

Kind regards,

Martijn

Operating system used: Windows

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,212 Dataiker

Hi @martijn
    Could you please a support ticket with the instance diagnostics so we can investigate this issue when the scenario is in broken state?

Thanks

• martijn
    martijn Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 5

How can I open a support ticket?

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@martijn

In Dataiku DSS look in the upper right part of your screen there is a (?) question mark icon. Choose that and depending on the version of DSS you are using you will find an understated option to submit a support ticket.

there is also this web page with a new ticket button

https://support.dataiku.com/support/home

You will also find some information about creating an instance diagnostics here

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/troubleshooting/diagnosing.html

• martijn
  • importthepandas
    importthepandas Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 115 Neuron

to note: we are seeing the same periodically after the bump to 12.1. we need to go manually clear each time

• importthepandas
    importthepandas Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 115 Neuron

just to confirm - this is not happening only with reverted projects, but with tutorial type projects as well (e.g. in our case the govern tutorial). We will upgrade eventually, but it's a bit of a chore just to upgrade for an intermittent annoyance. Also, API calls throw errors, too.

• Ronny
    Ronny Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 1

Updating the scenario's project .json configs did the trick for me (e.g: from "startingFrom": "2024-03-31" TO "startingFrom": "2024-03-31T00:00:00.000Z") but i am wondering if there isn't a way from dataiku install to update the dates to valid ones during up/downgrades ?

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,212 Dataiker

@Ronny
    , DSS 12.1.3+ should be tolerant to both formats, if you encounter any further issues after upgrading to 12.1.3 please log a support ticket.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…