Create an (international) phone number meaning

tomtom
tomtom Registered Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Just as dates, (international) phone numbers are a pain to handle.

It would be awesome to have a "meaning" for it.

Best regards
Tagged:

Answers

• jereze
    jereze Alpha Tester, Dataiker Alumni Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We will consider it for inclusion in a later version of the software.

Meanwhile, you can use user defined meanings.

Best regards,

Jeremy

• SydneeOrr
    SydneeOrr Registered Posts: 1

I just saw you bumped the thread and wanted to thank you for sharing the tip. Thanks a lot for the help.

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

As @jereze
    notes there is sort of an advanced feature of dataiku dss that may be able to help you.

If you have a regular expression (regex) that know what an international phone number looks like; you should be able to create a pattern based user-defined meaning. Here is some basic documentation.

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/schemas/user-defined-meanings.html

Do note this warning:

Warning

It is not recommended to enable auto-detection. Enabling auto-detection on a user-defined meaning can cause built-in meanings not to be recognized anymore, and can cause notable slowdowns in DSS usage.

Please share any outcomes that others might find useful.

• KennethCook
    KennethCook Registered Posts: 1

I totally get what you mean about international phone numbers being a pain. It would be so much cooler if they had some kind of hidden meaning or secret code. It's worth getting a temporary phone number in the USA. Just try searching for "usa temp number". Hope this still helps.ф

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…