How do I get a file imported through the sharepoint plugin to update in Dataiku?

mbillingham
mbillingham Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 7

Hello-

We have successfully installed and configured the sharepoint plugin and uploaded a file to Dataiku. We want to use that as a source for a flow and integrate it with other data. This works but it doesn't update in Dataiku after updates to the file occur in sharepoint. How do I get Dataiku to pick up updates to this file? To clarify: I don't need the scenario to trigger, I just need the source to refresh when I run the scenario. Right now it just has the data from when I created the dataset.

thank you in advance!

Operating system used: Linux

Tagged:

Answers

• AlexB
    AlexB Dataiker, Registered Posts: 68 Dataiker

Hello,

Indeed what you can see in the explore section of the SharePoint datset is cached, but every time you start a build operation of anything linked to that dataset, Dataiku will then retrieve the data at the source.

One thing you can do is to use a sync recipe between your SharePoint dataset and another local dataset for instance, and get a scenario to trigger the build of that local dataset. The second dataset will be updated even though the initial SharePoint dataset still shows the initial cached data.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…