Tried running manual scenario but fails at AssertionError

casper
casper Registered Posts: 42 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 18 in Using Dataiku

I have no idea how to solve this.

I've got two projects that share some datasets. For simplicity my summarized problem:

I have a small pipeline in project A, call it Teams. I've shared this dataset, the default CSV/Dataiku file based dataset, with project B, call it Projects.

I've created a manual scenario that first asks project A to forced recursive build the 'teams_available' dataset so that next I can build the dataset "projects_assigned" in project B using the shared dataset.

This fails as easy with 2 steps for no apparent reason but an assertion error.

See:

With the relevant log only being:

[2019/02/14-15:14:52.425] [qtp1914740115-24] [ERROR] [dku.jobs] - Call failed
java.lang.AssertionError
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.JobComputer.compute(JobComputer.java:111)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.kernel.slave.KernelSession.resolve(KernelSession.java:184)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.kernel.slave.KernelServlet.service(KernelServlet.java:163)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:738)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:551)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1111)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:478)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1045)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:462)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:279)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:232)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:534)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:607)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:536)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[2019/02/14-15:14:52.440] [qtp1914740115-24] [DEBUG] [dku.jobs] - Command /pintercom/resolve_job processed in 314ms
2019-02-14T15:14:52.447: Unexpected ERROR waiting for job to complete
com.dataiku.common.server.APIError$SerializedErrorException: Internal error, caused by: AssertionError: null
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.kernel.master.JobExecutionKernelHandle.executeCommand(JobExecutionKernelHandle.java:277)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.kernel.master.JobExecutionKernelHandle.executeCommand(JobExecutionKernelHandle.java:251)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.kernel.master.BuildService$CombinedExecWaitThread.run(BuildService.java:492)

Leaving me no hints or whatsoever. What could cause this problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• casper
    That was fast! Thanks for coming back to me this fast!

I am not sure what you mean because I am never asked for a proejct key at all. I just use the GUI and add scenario steps, "Build / Train", Add Dataset and select the correct dataset from the correct project. There is no mistaking that it is there. But I am never asked for any sort of project key. Am I missing something?
  • Clément_Stenac
    Clément_Stenac Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 753 Dataiker
    It is not really possible/supported through the UI to trigger builds in other projects. I can't reproduce an issue similar to yours though
  • casper
    Ah you are right, you confused me with jobs and projects.

I found the problem. It is indeed that you have to create build jobs inside the project they reside. You can do those in a scenario inside that project, and share the scenario to another project so it builds the shared dataset for you.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…