Add project name as an available variable in scenario reporters

Neil_B
Neil_B Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

When using webhooks (or other targets) to report job successes and failures there is no pre-defined variable to include the project name in the body of the message. This is a useful thing to include in the body, and something we are currently having to statically define in each 'reporter' configuration. Adding project name in as an available variable would simplify the creation of notifications.

3 votes

In the Backlog · Last Updated

Comments

• Katie
    Katie Dataiker, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 106 Dataiker

Thank you for the feedback, we've received your request and will let you know if we develop this feature!

Best,

Katie

• me2
    me2 Registered Posts: 48 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17

There is a workaround solution. Create a variable(s) using Project Variable > Global Variables such as:

{ "project": "Project Name" }

Then in Scenario Reporter you can call that variable in the message section like you would call out the standard available variables, 'Name of the Scenario' or 'Scenario Result', etc.

${project}

I am using multiple sub-project names / scenarios in the same project so I use multiple global variables such as "project[A...Z]". It's not as clean but I do like the customization capability.

Cheers!

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,926 Neuron

@Neil_B
    I agree this really should be present and sure this can't take long to implement. Most likely a single line of code as the Project ID is certainly known to the scenario. If it helps your use case you can derive the project ID from the ${scenarioRunURL} existing variable.

Note for Dataiku: Worth adding both Project ID and Project Name along with the Project URL as well.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…