API returning a file created in Dataiku

Ignacio_Toledo
Ignacio_Toledo Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 412 Neuron

Hi community,

I was wondering if anyone might have experience in solving a challenge we have right now. Perhaps is something that has already been done by others, or it might be available as an example in Dataiku's documentation, and I've not found it yet.

We have a project that is creating Excel files and plots to be used in reports. At our organization, we already have a "frontend" that people are used to, and we would like to try to connect this fronted through an API with the dataiku results.

The scenario is like this: a user will like to get the plots and data (as files) for a specific set of metrics for a particular year. The idea would be that the frontend would ask for the files from Dataiku through a rest API.

My question is: what is the right API endpoint to use? I'm guessing is a Python function endpoint. Does anyone have an example of this kind of functionality?

Furthermore, what is your opinion on people consuming information created with dataiku in this way? Could it be that in the long term it is better to create a "frontend" directly in Dataiku?

Thank you for any feedback or help that you can share!

Best Answer

Answers

• Ignacio_Toledo
    Ignacio_Toledo Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 412 Neuron

Thanks @AlexT
    , this is, in fact, useful. I'll be looking at the docs and links you shared.
    I will mark the answer as "solution" in a few days, just in case there is more people that wants to jump in with suggestions.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…