Preview dataset in flow by hovering

natejgardner
natejgardner Neuron, Registered, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 151 Neuron

I often find myself a little lost trying to navigate between many similar datasets. I'm constantly opening and closing the same few datasets trying to remember which one is which. I frequently make use of the schema view in the right-side flyout when clicking datasets, which helps, but I've often wished I could just quickly hover over a dataset to see a preview of its contents, even if just a single record, so I'd know I'm in the right place. This, along with could make navigating large projects much easier.

4 votes

Released · Last Updated

Comments

• AshleyW
    AshleyW Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 161 Dataiker

Thanks for providing your suggestion, we're looking into this further and will provide an update if and when available.

• AshleyW
    AshleyW Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 161 Dataiker

Hi,

Updating this thread to let you know what 'Dataset Preview' is available in all 12.1+ versions of Dataiku, which lets you preview the contents of a dataset from the Flow.

Cheers,

Ashley

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…