Generate OpenAI documents for API's

Antal
Antal Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 88 Neuron

In our organization we are obligated to provide documentation for each API we deploy that adheres to the OpenAPI standard to the calling application team.

It would be super helpful if such documents could be (partially) automatically generated.

The OpenAPI specification is a generic standard for documenting API's

https://www.openapis.org/

3 votes

Released · Last Updated

Comments

• fsergot
    fsergot Dataiker, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 117 Dataiker

Hello @Antal

This idea is in entered in our backlog. At this stage, I cannot communicate any realistic timeline but we will get back as soon as we have updates.

Thanks

• Antal
    Antal Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 88 Neuron

That's good to hear!

Thanks for considering it

• Antal

Just now realized the typo in this Idea It should of course say OpenAPI spec, not OpenAI

• fsergot

Hello,

We are actually developping this feature, we will let you know when it is released.

It will contain both an automated generation (for prediction endpoints only) and a manual one (with templates) for others.

It will be based on OpenAPI 2. The Json file will be served at deployment level on a specific URL.

• Antal

That's great!

That will save us a good amount of time. But why OpenAPI 2 and not OpenAPI 3.0? That version was released in 2017 already ans is the standard within our organisation, as I feel it will be for many others.

• fsergot

Hello @Antal

It was mostly for technical reasons (some compatibility complexity between libs & jave versions supported by Dataiku).

Would this be an issue for you? Or is your remark for the sake or being up-to-date? The V3 version is actually quite close

• Antal

I suppose not as we mostly use the paths object.

I guess we'll have to see when we present the first generated OpenAPI doc to our IT teams.

Otherwise, I'll make another feature request for an upgrade to OpenAPI 3

• AshleyW
    AshleyW Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 161 Dataiker

Hi,

Updating this thread to let you know that with the release of 12.5 this is now possible (link to release notes).

Cheers,

Ashley

• Antal

Yes, very cool @AshleyW
    ! Thank you

We're already using it in our processes

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…