Pattern to keep only certain column

Fred_ae
Fred_ae Registered Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm new on dataiku, and I have to use for first time pattern to keep column.

I have this database with 6 column :

CA 2020 CA 2021 FOOD SERVICE EFFECTIF 2020 EFFECTIF 2021

2000 300000 MC DO HOTEL 220 240

And I go on prepare ( recipe) with keep only columns.

My aim is to have 3 dataset :

1- only column with number

2- only column who start per CA

3- only column who start per effectif.

I tried a lot of things to have it , but I have always no result.

So I would like to know how I can do it :

thanks in advance

Answers

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@Fred_ae

Welcome to the Dataiku community. We are glad that you have joined us.

If I was in a situation like I think your are describing I’d likely use the remove delete column step using a regular expression or Regex as the filter pattern. Here is a thread from the community about this general topic.

https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Using-Dataiku/Remove-columns-by-pattern/m-p/15817

Regarding the regular expressions they can be a bit of a beast.

The thing to know is that the pipe symbol “|” is the alternative operator. You can in a signal regular expression find each of the kinds of your columns in one step. Separating each alternative with a “|”

here is a bit about the alternative operator.

https://www.regular-expressions.info/alternation.html

There are some tools out there that you can play with regular expressions. They have been of some help to me over the years.

https://regexr.com/

others please jump in and lend a hand.

@Fred_ae
    let us know how you are getting along.

• Fred_ae
    Fred_ae Registered Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

Thanks, I feed solution to have only column who start per 'CA'

I dit :

^CA.*

But now i'm trying to have only column who contain the number 20

to have all column with 2021 2022 2023 ...

thanks again

• Jurre
    Jurre Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer, Neuron 2022 Posts: 114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Fred_ae

Could you provide an example of what you want the result to be ? I don't quite understand your description of the issue.. sorry for that!

Regards,

Jurre

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

For the numerical column names, You might try something like

^\d*

\d is the symbol for a numerical digit.

You then might combine the two as

^CA.*|^\d*

I’m not at a computer with DSS access so I have not been able to test the above.

in the past there was a bug where sometimes one had to use a double backslash in some cases. If you are having problems making this work try \\ rather than a single \.

hope this helps a bit. Let us know how you are getting on with this.

• tgb417
  • Jurre
    Jurre Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer, Neuron 2022 Posts: 114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Fred_ae

It seems you have opened two similar topics, is this one a duplicate or another question ?

cheers,

Jurre

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…