Core Designer Certificate

Data_Optimist
Data_Optimist Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 7 Partner

Hi Experts,

I am new in DataIku, just passed 101, 102, 103 learning passes, and am already fascinated by unlimited capabilities, which the platform gives to non-coding analysts. It`s gorgeous!

Now I am passing Core Designer Certificate exercise and stuck on Hands-On instructions step 5 :

"Some columns ( Oil production (Etemad & Luciana) (terawatt-hours), meat_prod_tonnes, and Food Balance Sheets: Eggs - Production (FAO (2017)) (tonnes) ) report country total data. Transform these three columns into per-capita data."

I applied formula: "numval("Oil production (Etemad & Luciana) (terawatt-hours)") / numval("Population), but it`s not correct.

I tried to find correct formula to apply for this task, checked the materials, provided on the "Formula page" reference, but cannot work out right formula.

Can you please help me to resolve this formula?

Many thanks.

Respectfully,

Vyacheslav

Best Answers

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron
    Answer ✓

@Data_Optimist

when you say your formula is not correct. What do you mean

- the formula is producing a error message. If so what is the error message.
    - or are the numeric results incorrect.

In the example above I notice an extra quote mark “ before the formula. I also note you are missing a quote mark “ after population and before the closing parenthesis ).

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron
    Answer ✓

@Data_Optimist

Regarding univariate analysis, I’m not clear exactly what type of data you are working with or which type(s) of univariate analysis you are trying to do.

That being said there are a bunch of tools built into Dataiku for exploratory data analysis that might be useful to you. As a starting point you might find the statistical worksheets to be useful. Here is a knowledge base article on the use.

https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/courses/statistics/univariate-bivariate/perform-univariate-analysis.html

Here is a link to the documentation.

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/statistics/index.html

You can do all sorts of other types of analysis with Dataiku and then even more type using R Jupiter notebooks and Python.

Have fun with your data.

Answers

• Data_Optimist

Good day, Tom,

@tgb417

Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions.

I adjusted the formula syntax details as was recommended and it worked out well.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Now could you please advise where I can find explicit instructions how to create an univariate analysis?

Thanks in advance,

Vyacheslav

• Data_Optimist

Tom,

Thank you very much for prompt response.

I find it very useful!

Cheers

• Data_Optimist

@tgb417

Dear Tom,

I want to share with you my Core Designer Certificate : https://verify.skilljar.com/c/oa9qsjrrc5o7.

Thanks a lot again for your kind contribution in my very 1st DSS mastering achievement.

There is more to come.

Respectfully,

Vyacheslav

• tgb417

@Data_Optimist

Excellent to see your achievement.

What studies do you plan to take on next?

--Tom

• Data_Optimist

@tgb417
    tgb

Hi Neuron,

Thank you very much for your endorsement, motivates me well!

My next target is ML Practitioner Certificate!

Respectfully.

• umesh_shukla
    umesh_shukla Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

Congratulations buddy,

I am also trying to complete this certification and stuck on same step.

Could you help me out

• MS_Latha
    MS_Latha Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 8 Partner

Hi, can you please suggest the correct syntax for the same?

thankyou

• rra21
    rra21 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 3

Hello,

Can someone explain what is exactly meant by step 5? What do I need to do?

"
    Some columns ( Oil production (Etemad & Luciana) (terawatt-hours), meat_prod_tonnes, and Food Balance Sheets: Eggs - Production (FAO (2017)) (tonnes) ) report country total data. Transform these three columns into per-capita data.

• Hint 1: To convert from country “total” data to “per-capita” data divide by the country's population.
    • Hint 2: The Formula page in the reference documentation shows the proper syntax for using formulas to read column values when the column names include spaces.
    • Hint 3: You will not need the original columns (including Population) for further analysis.

"

• ClaudiusH
    ClaudiusH Alpha Tester, Dataiker Alumni, Registered Posts: 106 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi rra21 and welcome to the Dataiku Community,

You need to apply a recipe on the dataset to convert the total values to the per capita value so they can be compared with the other data in the project. The documentation linked from the hints you quoted should give you some indication on what you should do in the data preparation step.

If you are still stuck please share what you tried do to so far and where you are not getting any further. We're happy to help.

• rra21
    rra21 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 3

I have been able to know what was meant by it, and now I am at step 9. any tips for it?

• admin4
    admin4 Registered Posts: 5

I'm also stuck on this step. This formula seems to be correct but didn't display any values in the new column. Not sure what I'm missing to get the correct conversion.

numval("Oil production (Etemad & Luciana) (terawatt-hours)") / numval(“Population”)

• tgb417

@admin4

I’m not sure if I know what your problem is and because this has to do with getting a certificate I’m only to provide something that might be a hint. I note that your formula has spaces, parentheses, ampersand, and hyphen or minuses in column names. See if making some changes in those areas might help. There are a lot of ways to change that. Also note that the formula language is case sensitive.

• tgb417

I’d also check your quotation marks. It looks like you are not using the simple quotation marks but fancy ones that have forward upside down and backward quotation marks in some places in your formula. This is a “feature” of some OSs like Mac OS to provide these pretty quotation marks. But this can cause some programming languages like python and dataiku’s scripting language to have problems.

• ravindar
    ravindar Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 1

Can any one help me here for core designer step no.5.

Some columns ( Oil production (Etemad & Luciana) (terawatt-hours), meat_prod_tonnes, and Food Balance Sheets: Eggs - Production (FAO (2017)) (tonnes) ) report country total data. Transform these three columns into per-capita data.

• Hint 1: To convert from country “total” data to “per-capita” data divide by the country's population.
    • Hint 2: The Formula page in the reference documentation shows the proper syntax for using formulas to read column values when the column names include spaces.
    • Hint 3: You will not need the original columns (including Population) for further analysis.
  • AMIT
    AMIT Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Registered Posts: 1

sir actually my all columns are empty except year. plss help

• murali
    murali Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 1

i am struck please help me

• azuka
    azuka Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1

Good day all,

I was on 14 days trail for dataiku and it have been expired, how will I re-new to continue my learning.''The subscription has been canceled''

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…