Filtering Editable Datasets

tgb417
tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

User Story:

As an analyst being asked to hand modify some moderate-sized datasets (8-10k rows) I would like to be able to filter an editable dataset down to a few rows before I make row-level changes. This feature would likely improve the performances of the edit UI for updating editable Datasets and increase the speed and accuracy of data changes being made by hand.

Conditions of Satisfaction:

1. Filters should be applicable to 1 or multiple columns.

Nice to have items:

1. It would be great if all typical sample and column filtering would work on this interface page.

Notes:

One potential quick implementation of this might be to have the edit screen adhere to the sample filter for the table.

8 votes

Released · Last Updated

Comments

• ElisaS
    ElisaS Dataiker, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 15 Dataiker

Hi Tom !

Thanks for submitting this idea and for sharing the context around why it would be useful to you. You'll be pleased to hear this idea is in our backlog--and we are determining the next steps for development. We can't provide a timeline at this point, but be sure to check back for updates.

Best,

Elisa

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@ElisaS

Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing more about this as things developen.

--Tom

• ScottGo
    ScottGo Registered Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

This would be incredibly useful for my organization.

• tgb417

@ScottGo

Welcome to the Dataiku Community.

Thanks for Up Voting this idea.

--Tom

• AshleyW
    AshleyW Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 161 Dataiker

Hi,

Updating this thread to let you know that in 12.4+ versions of Dataiku, you can quick filter your editable dataset, as well as sort rows by column.

Cheers,

Ashley

• tgb417

Yes, I was using the filtering feature over the weekend. I had not noticed the sort feature. Thanks for the update.

• crunis
    crunis Registered Posts: 8 ✭✭✭

Looks like it's not able to sort by integers and always sorts as text even for int columns. Is it going to be considered a bug and fixed soon ?

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 16.01.25.png

• tgb417

@crunis

great catch. I’d suggest that you put in a support ticket to get this on the Dataiku teams radar screen. It would be great to have int sort “correctly”.

PS I’m looking at your image this appears to be reverse alphabetic sorting. (You did not say much about how you chose the sort)

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…