How to duplicate a folder

GSung
GSung Registered Posts: 27 ✭✭✭✭

How can I duplicate a folder that contains multiple projects?

Best Answer

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron
    Answer ✓

@GSung

I don't see a way to duplicate a folder worth of Projects. Are you hoping for a feature here on the folder project menu that says something like "Copy To" on this Folder of Projects sub-menu?

Duplicate a folder of Projects.jpg

How would you use something like this? That may suggest to others how we might be able to help.

I have two partial ideas.

One I've been wondering about going onto the disk structure and try to copy projects from one system to another. Although I've not worked out how to specifically copy a folder of projects. With the help of the Dataiku Support team, I have copied a DSS_DATA Directory from one volume on my server to another. (So I expect something can be done. ) (However, I end up copying ALL of the projects. Not Just a subfolder.)

If you are using a version of DSS that is licensed to provide the support you, or your technology support person may be able to reach out to Tech Support for some guidance.

Answers

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @GSung
    I just wanted to point out these resources that may help:

How to duplicate a Dataiku DSS project (Knowledge Base)

How to Copy a Dataiku Project (Documentation)

I hope these help, but if they don't please feel free to follow up with more detail or context on your use case. Thanks!

• GSung

@CoreyS
    thank you, but im looking to duplicate a folder that contains multiple projects or would i need to duplicate the individual projects and save them in a new folder?

• GSung

@tgb417
    Yup, I thought there might be an indirect way to copy a folder containing projects but looks like there isn't a feature to do so yet.

I'll definitely suggest this as a new feature.

thank you!

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron

@GSung

I just got an update from the community admins. The feedback board I had suggested be updated with this idea is apparently just for community feedback. Not product feedback. This was my misunderstanding about the use of this area of the web site. I regret any confusion I might have caused.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…