Import images from password protected cells in .xlsx files

Wvnassau
Wvnassau Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 1 Partner

Hi all,

Hope you're doing well.

I'm hosting a DataIku demo this Friday. The team I'm hosting the demo for is planning to work with images stored in xlsx files. However, the cells are password protected. Any suggestions or thoughts on how to get this imported into DataIku? Thanks!

Regards,

Wouter

Answers

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,598 Neuron
    edited July 17

@Wvnassau

How far have you gotten with this challenge so far? Are you using something like the python libraries?

openpyxl
    and
    openpyxl-image-loader

• tim-wright
    tim-wright Partner, L2 Designer, Snowflake Advanced, Neuron 2020, Registered, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022 Posts: 77 Partner

@Wvnassau
    any way you could share a sample file? I am not particularly familiar with Excel's wizardry but when I looked up how to recreate the scenario you stated I could not find an obvious solution in Excel. I don't think you can embed images in cells directly, but rather can constrain them to resize with cells. And you can lock the permissions on a cell only if you lock the whole file (I think).

In any event if you could give me an example file I might be able to help - just make sure to create trivialized passwords for the sample you post (if you do post one)

-Tim

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…