not getting exact value

Options
prash_
prash_ Registered Posts: 17

A column in my dataset which consist of the value like 08900

I need to create another column B and to keep the value of A i.e. 08900. I tried using formula in prepare recipe but its giving me value as 8900 instead of 08900. What should be done here to get the exact value.

Best Answer

• tgb417
    tgb417 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,595 Neuron
    Answer ✓
    Options

@prash_

When dataiku created a new column it does what I call “duck typing” the values you are providing look like numbers so Dataiku treats the value as a number and trims the leading number “0”. There are some discussion here in the dataiku community about us postal codes and these duck typing challenges that might be useful to you.

https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Using-Dataiku/Dataiku-forces-column-type-removes-leading-zeros/m-p/21826#

Answers

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…