importing module to dataiku jupyter

Options
vandik
vandik Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 8

i am new to dataiku and i am trying to learn how to import modules into dataiku . i have already gone through documentation. but when i try to import and use the module in the same project in a jupyter it says module not found . i have attached screenshots belowcode.pngprr.png

Operating system used: windows 11

Answers

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,757 Neuron
    Options

New/updated libraries require that you reload the Notebook and Dataiku copies the libraries for Jupyter kernel to be able to execute them. Click on the Force Reload button on the Notebook.

• vandik
    Options

i have restarted the kernel and also force restarted it and it still says there is no module

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,757 Neuron
    Options

What version of Dataiku do you have?

• vandik
    Options

i am using the free version on windows 11

• Turribeach
    Options

Version number.

• vandik
    Options
  • Turribeach
    Options

Works for me, and I am on 12.6.1 too:

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 07.47.25.pngScreenshot 2024-05-14 at 07.47.34.png

• vandik
    Options

i have done exactly what you just did and it still says the same thing module not found. would this be an error from my side or should i raise a ticket somewhere

• Turribeach
    Options

Did you remove your modules? They may not import due to error. Did you click on Force Reload? Also are you using a custom code environment? Try creating a new code environment and using that as your notebook kernel.

• vandik
    Options

i tried removing the modules creating new ones like you did and created a new environment but still the problem persists.

• Turribeach
    Options

can you please post screen shots of your library folder, code and import in the notebook. Thanks

• vandik
    Options
  • Turribeach
    Options

Ummm I just tried on the free version on Windows and I am able to reproduce the issue you see although I am not sure if it is due to the free license or Windows. It could be either or both. However you should note the warning displayed on your installation:

Dataiku DSS wasn't originally designed to natively run on Windows.
    It is available as an experimental version and only for testing.
    Dataiku does not provide official support for this installation.

So I will suggest you move to a supported platform. Your best bet is to use a VM:

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/other/vm.html

• vandik
    Options

thank you . i will try to use it in vm. i did the same process in an other system where it worked perfectly

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…