Variable importance menu doesn't appear

Solved!
JeanBaptiste
Level 3
Variable importance menu doesn't appear

Hi Community,

I'm following the ML Practicioner learning path and it is mentioned to access the "Variable importance" menu under "Explainability" but I only have "Feature importance".

How do I get the "Variable importance" menu to appear ?

Thank you for your help !

Operating system used: Mac

1 Solution
AdrienL
Dataiker

Hi,

The Feature importance is the new name of this tab. In v12, we added feature importance estimation to all models, and the choice between Shapley and Gini. The latter is only available for tree-based models and is what used to be called Variable importance.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrienL
Dataiker

Hi,

The Feature importance is the new name of this tab. In v12, we added feature importance estimation to all models, and the choice between Shapley and Gini. The latter is only available for tree-based models and is what used to be called Variable importance.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
JeanBaptiste
Level 3
Author

Thank you for your reply @AdrienL !

So is the course outdated ?

0 Kudos
AdrienL
Dataiker
Sounds like this particular mention at least is, I've reported it so that it gets updated.
Miasm1
Level 2

Hello!

It seems there might be a change in terminology or version updates. "Feature Importance" and "Variable Importance" often refer to the same concept in ML. Continue with "Feature Importance" as it should serve the intended purpose. If you face issues, double-check you're using the recommended software version.

Good Luck!

Regads
Mia SmithDevOps Course
0 Kudos
JeanBaptiste
Level 3
Author

Thank you for your reply ! @AdrienL mentioned that this is a change in newer versions.

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku