Upload file from local to the server

Options
Bader
Bader Registered Posts: 46 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi ,

I have dataiku install in the server, and I would like to upload some setup file (Jar files or jaon file) from my local machine to the dss server using dataiku.
i know I could use scp from my local, however, I would like to create dataiku macros to automate this activity.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Clément_Stenac
    Clément_Stenac Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered Posts: 753 Dataiker
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

You could upload to a managed folder and (as a plugin developer) write a macro that copies the file from the managed folder to a directory of your choosing on the server. The DSS administrator still needs to add JARs from this directory in the Spark configuration.

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Bader
    you can upload and download files from the managed folder using the Public REST API

More info on Managed Folders can be found here

I hope this helps!

Answers

• Alex_Combessie
    Alex_Combessie Alpha Tester, Dataiker Alumni Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

By security design, DSS (and the server hosting it) does not have remote access to your local machine.

Could you please detail what type of setup file you want to push to the DSS server?

Best regards,

Alex

• Bader
    Options

Hi Alex,

Our servers have no connection to internet. Therefore, I want to push Jar files for spark-scala. this activity is not just one time, we need to push spark-scala packages whenever, we need new packages.

Because of that, I want to automate this activity without having admin user get in the server in scp to folder.

• Bader
    Options

Hi Clement,

How to upload file to manage folder ?

• Abby_123
    Abby_123 Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Clement,

Do you have a sample code that will upload a file to a managed folder from my local machine? I want to be able to use it in my flow as a recipe or plugin.

I have tried creating a WebApp and converting it to a plugin, but it didn't work.

Thanks!

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,757 Neuron
    Options

Please start a new thread. This thread has been marked as solved already.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…