Trend Charts on month-year level

Options
simran
simran Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 2

Hi
We are trying to create a trend chart with month-year on x-axis and sales on y-axis. But in doing so, the order of month-year is not correct, like it should be Jan-22, Feb-22 ....Dec-22.
It is getting sorted alphabetically.
Additionally if we try to use date (dd-mm-yyyy) to plot the chart. Again it is not sorted correctly.

If anyone has find a way to solve this, please help us out.

Simran

Tagged:

Answers

• Emma
    Emma Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer Posts: 52 Dataiker
    Options

Hey @simran

Can you confirm if your month-year column is in DATE format? If not, you will need to use a Prepare recipe to "Parse date" so that Dataiku can accurately reflect it as a DATE and not TEXT or otherwise.

If it is in DATE format and you are still not getting the results you want, you may want to check that your month-year column is in Natural Ordering (see screenshot).

If neither works, please follow up, and we will get to the bottom of this!

Emma

• simran
    simran Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Emma,
    Thank you for your help !
    I tried parsing the date as well, and after that I tried to plot, but still I am not getting the "month-year" on x-axis. it is either full date or just the month.
    I have attached screenshots for reference as well.
    Please have a look.

Thanks,

Simran

• Emma
    Emma Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer Posts: 52 Dataiker
    Options

Okay, now I see your issue. It doesn't seem we have a way to handle displaying just the month-year on a Chart when you're using a Parsed Date.

A way to get what you want is to use the numeric representation of your months (see screenshots). You can do this by reformating the Date in a Prepare Recipe and then using Natural Ordering in the Chart X-Axis.

Hope this helps,

Emma

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…