Transposing column headers to rows (post Json unnest)

Solved!
jacobcalka
Level 2
Transposing column headers to rows (post Json unnest)

Hi,

I am doing work with getting data from api's and parsing/manipulating it. I have connected to the api source via the api connect plug-in and I have parsed the json via the unnest object recipe. Unfortunately, instead of outputting two columns such as Json_name and Json_value, it puts all the Json names as columns with all the values in the rows, leaving me with thousands and thousands of columns and one row with the names as the headers. Looking for a transpose tool where I can select every column header. Don't know of anything in dataiku that can do this. I am aware of the tools where you have to manually select all the columns. Let me know. I've included the data with the top row being the column headers and the only row in the table being the values for each json_name. Thank you

api_response                  json_name1           json_name2        json_name3         ...

long json phrase             json_value1            json_value2        json_value3          ...

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jacobcalka
Level 2
Author

Nevermind - solved by folding by regex pattern.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jacobcalka
Level 2
Author

Nevermind - solved by folding by regex pattern.

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Please post the solution as well so others can benefit from seeing how you solved it.

0 Kudos
jacobcalka
Level 2
Author

Here. Can't share data screenshot due to confidentiality

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Thanks! That's good enough for people to figure it out. 

0 Kudos